Re: OpenLDAP's implementation of LDAP specs

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Kevin wrote:

[ Enforcing object classes ]

> My question for the list is: do the same (underlined) statements apply
> for OpenLDAP?  My experience tells me that doing what this example does
> is not required when populating an OpenLDAP directory (I would just have
> objectClass: inetOrgPerson), but should I be doing it anyway with
> OpenLDAP?

Yes.  2.0 does not care, but 2.1 and above *does*.  See my earlier post
(and a Perl script that may help).

Take the trouble to update your 2.0 directory (if you have one); you'll be
glad you did.

> PS. Thanks to Bruno Negrão and Christopher Hicks who referred me to some
> list alternatives to ldap@umich.edu.  I tried subscribing twice to
> ldap@umich.edu and had no success, and it seems that I'm not the only
> one experiencing this problem.

The list is known to be dead; I have no idea why Kurt et al continue to
refer people to it,

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 8425-5508 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia