Re: Cannot get users to load

mpease@egginc.com wanted us to know:

>   Okay.  I  stopped  slapd and ran the slapcat command and the full.ldif
>   file  is  empty.  I  added  the access/write entries to the slapd.conf

That tells me that there's nothing in the directory.  Ok.  I can accept
that.

>   [root@EGGLDAP root]# !ldapsearch
>   ldapsearch      -x      -b      'dc=services,dc=egginc,dc=com'      -D
>   'cn=Manager,dc=services,dc=eg
>   ginc,dc=com' -w secret '(objectclass=*)'
>   # extended LDIF
>   #
>   # LDAPv3
>   # base <dc=services,dc=egginc,dc=com> with scope sub
>   # filter: (objectclass=*)
>   # requesting: ALL
>   #
>   # search result
>   search: 2
>   result: 32 No such object
>   # numResponses: 1

As expected since there is nothing in the directory according to
slapcat.

I don't expect there to be any permissions problems, but please show the
result of:
  ls -ld /var/lib/openldap-data
  ls -l /var/lib/openldap-data/

>   [root@EGGLDAP openldap]# !l
>   ldapadd -x -D 'cn=Manager,dc=services,dc=egginc,dc=com' -W -f egg3.txt
>   Enter LDAP Password:
>   adding  new  entry  "cn=Charles Abbate ,ou=egg ,dc=services ,dc=egginc
>   ,dc=com"
>   ldap_add: Type or value exists (20)
>           additional info: objectClass: value #0 provided more than once

Show me the result of:
  cat -e egg3.txt
There should be no spaces at the beginning of the lines and there should
be no trailing spaces at the end of the lines and there should be only a
linefeed at the end (ie only a $, no ^M characters which indicate a DOS
format file).

>   I stopped slapd and ran the slapcat again. The full.ldif file is still
>   empty.  I  agree.  I  must  be  missing something basic, but obviously
>   necessary. THANK YOU for all your assistance with this!

You caught me staying late at work.  Not a big deal.  Less distractions
:-)
--
Regards...		Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.