Re: Cannot get users to load

Pulling this back onto the list. :-)

Melanie wanted us to know:

>   Thank you for your help. I'm trying ldapmodify instead and getting the
>   error  ldap_add  can't contact LDAP server (-1). Slapd is running. Any
>   ideas?

We need to see what exact commands you are running.  It would help if
you also posted the ACL's in your slapd.conf, including any default ACL
that might exist.

>   Does this return anything better?
>     ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=services,dc=egginc,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'

Did it make a difference?  Did it work properly?

>   How about specifying a bind identity and password? (unknown at this
>   point if you allow anonymous binds.)

If you post your ACL's, this will be answered.
--
Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin