Re: Parsing Debug Output

David Wheeler wrote:

On Oct 18, 2004, at 3:46 PM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

On Oct 18, 2004, at 3:19 PM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

TLS trace: SSL3 alert read:warning:close notify

Looks to me like TLS was closed for some reason.

Hrm. Know of any reason why it would be closed?

Yes, many.  I suggest you enable some additional
logging to see what's going on.

That was from using slapd -d-1. I can send the entire output if people don't mind the bulk.

Unfortunately, the courier-imap debug logging didn't tell me much.

The slapd log you posted indicates that slapd received a TLS close request from the client. You won't find any further information to diagnose this in the slapd log, it's a question of why the client (courier-imap) sent the close request. The fact that slapd received the TLS alert signifying a close indicates that it was a graceful, intentional close request from the client.

--
 -- Howard Chu