To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 7:04 AM
Subject: Re: syncrepl taking all the cpu on the consumer server

This morning I have deleted all the data on the slave server
and restarted it. (at the moment all seems ok)
I will see if this problem happens again, and in case, I will try the utilities you told me about.

thank you for your help

Patrice

Dave Lewney wrote:

Patrice wrote:

Hi,

I have setup syncrepl between 2 servers
my version is : OpenLDAP: slapd 2.2.17

on my consumer server slapd is taking  all my cpu :
%CPU   %MEM    TIME+      COMMAND
  98.6      2.0       4075:10     slapd

here is my slapd syncrepl conf:
syncrepl        rid=50
              provider="ldap://192.168.1.1";
              type=refreshOnly
              interval=00:00:30:00
              searchbase="dc=domain,dc=com"
              filter="(objectClass=*)"
              scope="sub"
              attrs="*,+"
              schemachecking="off"
              updatedn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
              bindmethod="simple"
              binddn="cn=Manager,dc=domain,dc=com"
              credentials="secret"

I don't know what to do to resolve my problem I need some help , thank in advance

Best Regards Patrice

Drill down into the slapd process, eg. truss, kdump, depending on your OS.

Dave
--
Dave Lewney
Principal Systems Programmer, IT Services