Re: Kerberos Realm -> SASL Realm in dn

OpenLDAP Software, itself, has little to do with this.
sasl-host and/or -R are set, they are passed to Cyrus SASL.
What Cyrus SASL does with them is, well, Cyrus SASL's business.
Likewise, slapd(8) only includes a realm component in the
authzDN if and only if Cyrus SASL reports a realm.  I note
that Cyrus SASL behavior here is likely dependent not only
on the client/server, but on the mechanism implementation.

I suggest you reproduce the behavior using Cyrus SASL tools,
such as their sample client/server, and then direct any
question you have regarding this behavior to the Cyrus SASL
mailing list.

Kurt