Re: how can you tell if md5 is in use

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 01:17 PM 10/11/2004, Jason Joines wrote:

I'm trying to get user passwords stored in md5 format in my OpenLDAP 2.2.6 directory. I changed by own password, then did a dump of the database via slapcat and looked at userPassword expecting to see somthing like {MD5}somestring.

Note that slapcat, as well as ldapsearch, use LDIF base64 encoding
option for values of userPassword (as indicated by the '::').
Use your favorite base64 decoder to see the actual value transferred.

Kurt

Thanks for the information. I didn't even think about that. I was able to decode and see that it is using MD5 hash.

Jason