From: Remco Post [mailto:r.post@sara.nl]
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 5:49 PM
To: Lam, Eric
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: Library issue on AIX 5.2

On Oct 11, 2004, at 23:24, Lam, Eric wrote:

> Hi
>
>  I just compiled OpenLDAP 2.2.17 on AIX 5.2 with ML03. There is no
> issue to compile it. However, when I execute ldapsearch, I got the
> following:
>
> root@aixha1:/opt/openldap-2.2.17/bin # ./ldapsearch
> exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./ldapsearch because of the
> following errors:
>          0509-150   Dependent module
> ../../libraries/libldap/.libs/libldap.a(libldap-   2.2.so.7) could not
> be loaded.
>          0509-022 Cannot load module
> ../../libraries/libldap/.libs/libldap.a(libldap-2.2.so.7).
>          0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name
> does not exist.
>

> Those lib files are in /opt/openldap-2.2.17/lib but it is looking at
> the wrong place.
>
>  Could someone tell me how to compile these lib files INTO the
> binaries so it does not look for them at all?
>
>  I have no issue on Linux and Solaris compile, the problem is only on
> AIX 5.1 and AIX 5.2.
>
> I have tried both GNU ld, ar and gcc. I also have tried the AIX's ld,
> ar, and gcc. All gave me the same problem.
>
> Also have tried many settings on LDFLAGS and CFLAGS.
>
> Any help is very appreciated.

there is a flag that disables dynamic linking for the configure script.
For some reason libtool is generally broken for AIX.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going
to end."                                       -- Douglas Adams