Re: [Repost] JDNI Authentication

--On Monday, October 11, 2004 8:33 PM -0400 Ross Rankin <ross_r@bellsouth.net> wrote:

The OS is Fedora Core 2 and I'm using OpenLDAP 2.2.17.  The difference
between the two boxes is the OS version Red Hat 9 verus Fedora and 2.1
OpenLdap on the older box.
Actually, If I do an ldapsearch for cn=user, it works fine.  I am not
sure what to use to replicate the the lookup that JNDI is using.  I
thought there might be something telling and obvious that I was missing
in the trace or in the config files...  If there is another type of
search I can do to try to replicate the issue, please let me know and
I'll run it.  Anyone out there using Java/JDNI?
Ross

Stanford uses Java/JNDI to write updates to its OpenLDAP servers. We are running OpenLDAP 2.2.17, and have no issues. We use Solaris as our OS. I've also tested Java/JNDI with OpenLDAP 2.2.17 on Debian linux, and that worked fine as well.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer