Re: How can I define unique attribute types in my own schema?

On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 16:07, Sadik Kumlali wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I could not found a way of doing an attribute unique while defining my
> own schema.
>
> I need following attributes:
>
> bookCode (unique)
> bookName
> bookDescription
>
> What I want is not to allow duplicate bookCodes.
>
> I thought that it might caused by attribute identifiers such as SYNTAX
> and EQUALITY. However, if I try to insert same 'cn's for inetOrgPerson,
> it does not allow me while it allowing me to insert same 'sn's. I found
> that both of 'cn' and 'sn' are defined as 'SUP name'. So there is no
> difference in definition. What mechanism enforces the OpenLDAP not to
> allow duplicated 'cn's?

presumably because cn is the RDN of the DN therefore duplicate cn would
result in a duplicate DN which is not allowed.

I think there may be an overlay which can be used to restrict namespace
in this way but I havent tried to use it.

GREG

--
Greg Matthews
iTSS Wallingford	01491 692445