RE: How many Entries can Openldap manage

Again, that depends on your needs. Disponibility, criticality, max server load, response time etc.
In my case, there was only one server, using BDB as backend. The best (best cache and so on) "search" throughput was greater than 1000 requests/second. But it was just a test, and I will never use that configuration for a production server. The most important is to refine and write your exact needs. Then, you may hire a professional architect to help you define the platform.
--
BB