Re: Problem to start slapd

Olivier PAYRE wanted us to know:

> I've installed OpenLDAP on Mandrake 10.0. I've modified slapd.conf but
>I have problem when I start slapd :
> ./slapd: error while loading shared libraries: libdb-4.2.so: cannot
>open shared object file: No such file or directory

You must have compiled this from source because db 4.2 is not available
on a standard Mdk 10.0 system:

[todd@tlyons ~]$ urpmf libdb-
libdb4.1:/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.so
libdb3.3:/usr/lib/libdb-3.3.so
libdb4.1-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.a
libdb4.1-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.la
libdb4.1-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-4.so
libdb3.3-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-3.3.a
libdb3.3-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-3.3.la
libdb4.1-static-devel:/usr/lib/libdb-4.1.a

> I uninstalled OpenLDAP and re-Installed it : same thing. The 'make
>test' says it can't bind the server.

Installed from source or rpm?  Again, it seems like it's from source.
Not that it's bad, just trying to determine exactly what you've done.

> I think I've broken something but can't see what. I thought about an
>access denied on files used by OpenLDAP but I do every with the root ...

openldap by default wants to change user to a non-root user.
--
Regards...		Todd
  We should not be building surveillance technology into standards.