Re: ACL problem posixgroup/groupofnames (w/ corrected)

So why doesn't the syntax provided by faq-o-matic for granting access

problem you're experiencing. Can you elaborate on it?

See slapd.access(5).

Also, you seem to have missed this note in the referenced
answer:

Note: the specified member attribute type MUST be of DN syntax
and the specified object class SHOULD allow the attribute type.

That is, your attempt to use memberUid and posixGroup here
is invalid.

uh... because you are not supposed to put dn's in a memberUid attribute?

Great. So what it seems like you are telling me is that the LDAP schema's for the memberUid attribute are dreadfully out of date. I suppose then that my readers and I will have to live with the redundancy, obscene and unmanageable as it is.

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings@hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844 	|
| Y!: j_c_llings               Jabber: jcllings@njs.netlab.cz	|