Re: ldap_add read binary from file

At 06:53 AM 10/1/2004, W.Schefe wrote:
>Hallo, group,
>my question:
>I want to insert a userCertificate from a file into the tree with
>
>ldap_add ... -f ldif.ldif ... and the ldif- construct
>
>userCertificate;binary:< file:///usr/local/certificat.asc
>
>(the certificat.asc is a normal utf8 pgp text file)
>The result is, that the file was been red, it starts add and breaks with
>ldap_add: Invalid syntax
>        additional info: userCertificate;binary: value #0 invalid per syntax
>
>Where I can find out more about this problem or, what is a solution, so that I get back
>while searching the inserted userCertificate as file ?

The problem here is not with your LDIF, but the fact
that your file doesn't include a value of the
appropriate syntax for the attribute.  That's
what the error means.  The value of userCertificate,
which must always be transferred using ;binary
(e.g., BER), is a X.509 user certificate.
See RFC 2252/2256.

Kurt