Re: Ldap server with Mysql backend (windows version)

> Hi ,
>
> I have a problem. I would like to know how I can setup mysql server as
> backend for openLdap (windows version).

I have no knowledge of a "windows version" of openLdap.  OpenLDAP software
comes in source form, so wherever you manage to compile it, there is no
way to know details about what you've done.  Can you specify the version
of the software, and details about how you compiled and on what system?

> I saw thru the mailing lists and saw there is provison with linux version
> and I edited my slapd.conf  after looking at the Slapd.conf for mysql
> given
> for linux version. Some how it did not work.

As soon as the code is the same, apart from few OS related configuration
parameters (e.g. path names) I expect the configuration file to be the
same across versions...

> My windows version of openldap ios running with BDB backend but not with
> mySql backend.
>
> It say Unrecognised Database type SQL.

Apparently, slapd is configured without support for back-sql.

> Any help is appreciated.

Answer the above questions to allow further help, and try to have back-sql
support compiled into your binary.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati