Re: Passwords don't appear to hash ???

Rob Tanner wrote:

While using ldappasswd the immediate problem, it leads me to another serious
issue. I am in the process of moving from a Netscape4 server to OpenLdap.
Passwords are maintained via a webapp written in Java. Using the JNDI for
LDAP access, I merely send the cleartext password to the LDAP server, and it
takes care of the hashing. Will I now have to do the {SHA} hash within the
application before sending the password to OpenLdap? And if so, do I or do I
not have to preface the hash with {SHA}?

If you use the Password Modify exop, you only need to send the cleartext password. If you use regular LDAPModify, then you must hash it and attach the prefix yourself.

Thanks,
Rob

--On Thursday, September 30, 2004 04:55:04 PM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga"