Re: Passwords don't appear to hash ???

While using ldappasswd the immediate problem, it leads me to another serious
issue.  I am in the process of moving from a Netscape4 server to OpenLdap.
Passwords are maintained via a webapp written in Java.  Using the JNDI for
LDAP access, I merely send the cleartext password to the LDAP server, and it
takes care of the hashing.  Will I now have to do the {SHA} hash within the
application before sending the password to OpenLdap?  And if so, do I or do I
not have to preface the hash with {SHA}?

Thanks,
Rob

--On Thursday, September 30, 2004 04:55:04 PM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga"

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager