Re: python-ldap says "Critical extension is unavailable" and "Internal (implementation specific) error"

At 03:14 AM 9/23/2004, Ingo Steuwer wrote:
>we are using python2.3 ldap-modules (which are using openldap-libs) to
>import several informations (Users, Groups and surounding structure)
>into openldap 2.1.30.

I note that 2.1 is considered Historic.  You should consider
upgrading.

>Critical extension is unavailable
>
>and later also
>
>Internal (implementation specific) error
>
>I can't find informations about them, does anybody know under what
>conditions they appear ?

This message texts are related to the LDAP result codes
unavailableCriticalExtension and other, respectively.
I suggest you examine the server logs for details as
to why they were returned by the server (assuming they
actually were returned to the server).  Likewise, for
busy.

>Is there a limit in openldap about time/connection oder
>number-of-changes/connection ?

No.

>Can I prevent such errors by reconnect each 1000 changes (for example) ?

I don't know, can you?  That is, have you tried this?

Kurt