Integration with 3rd party software (was: OpenLDAP as Active Directory replacement - is it possible?)

The OpenLDAP FAQ includes a section regarding integration
with 3rd party software.  You are quite welcomed to add
additional entries.  If you do so, please do refer to the
appropriate discussion forum (which is often not this list).