ldapdb Auxprop Plugin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Winkelmann" <ml@awinkelmann.de>
To: <openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: SASL Authentication

But, why do you want to use saslauthd? Use Howard's ldapdb Auxprop Plugin, instead.

I assume that you mean the file in openldap-2.2.17/ contrib/ldapsasl? I'm trying to install it now, but there are a couple of steps which are not clear in the README file:

1. The README file says "Once installed,...", but
there is no instruction on how to perform this
installation. Only compilation instructions are
given. So how do we do the install? make install?
or just copy plugins/libldapdb.la to /usr/lib/sasl2?

2. The README file says "you need to add some config
items to the SASL server's config file in /usr/lib/sasl2".
However, I can't see any config files in /usr/lib/sasl2--
I can only see libs.

Thanks.

-ammar