Re: LDAP question

Craig Schneider wanted us to know:

>I am trying to setup so that my users can be added into the ldap tree
>via a browser (ldap browser 2.8.1). I notice when I setup a custom
>template that it dosen't create the users home directories are insert
>the uid/gid values.

/lib/security/pam_mkhomedir.so will take care of making the home
directory if it does not exist.  Most rpm distros build it by default,
you just need to add it in to your pam config files.  Not inserting the
uid/gid values doesn't make sense.  Both issues sound like an nss_ldap
or pam_ldap configuration problem, not an openldap issue.  padl.com has
a mailing list for nss_ldap and pam_ldap issues, it's an awesome list.
--
Regards...		Todd
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.       --Benjamin Franklin