Re: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

ons, 15.09.2004 kl. 03.55 skrev Kurt D. Zeilenga:
[...]

> configure is looking for the library version to match the
> header version (and, subsequently, for that version to be
> appropriate).

Indeed ... I never did GNU compiles on Solaris, but FWIW I get exactly
the same error as Greg when compiling Openldap source on RedHat
RHAS/RHEL3 unless I put /path/to/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib into /etc/ld.so.conf
and run ldconfig, even though I give the LDFLAGS path to configure.
Perhaps if I included -ldb-4.2 to link against work; as it is, I use
ld.so.conf.

Does Solaris have any similar library definition config arrangement?

--Tonni

--
They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they,
Oh who will think a boy and bear

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl