RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

At 11:30 PM 9/14/2004, Tay, Gary wrote:
>I'm not a developer, what I said are from my "install/configure"
>experiences and may not merit anything.
>
>The source dist files come with an original Makefile.

The official OpenLDAP Software tarballs (as distributed by the OpenLDAP
Project) don't include Makefile files.

>I am referring to
>doing "make distclean; make clean" while this Makefile exists, then
>"./configure" again.

Using the official tarballs, the second make would fail due
to fact that the first make deletes all the Makefiles.

>>From my experience,

Your experience appears based on something other than the
official tarballs.

My comments are based upon my knowledge of the official
tarballs, which I generally presume folks are using.  If
not in this (or any) case, oh well.

Kurt