Re: slapd feature

man, 13.09.2004 kl. 23.11 skrev Jeff Warnica:

> > > No.  The schema is kept in a file, whereas the data is kept in a database.
> > > So you need to update the schema on all your slaves when you update it on
> > > the master as well.  Perhaps in a future release this will no longer be the
> > > case.
> >
> > Supposing the slave has a different base with different subsets of
> > objectclasses? Supposing ... slapd.conf and its include files would also
> > have to be updated to cope. One'd be dealing with a separate DB for all
> > of these, instead of flat files - I'll be gaga before that's realized
> > (or I'm a Dutchman ;)
>
> I really have no idea what your trying to say here.

That it's no good simply having schemas available, they have to be
incorporated in slapd.conf, ACLs have to be written, policy decided,
indices made, etc. etc. That's all manual work.

--Tonni

--
They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they,
Oh who will think a boy and bear

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl