LDAP-dataloss after incorrect systemshutdown ?

Hello everybody !

We had an LDAP-Directory with about 200 entries but after an powerloss it seems that alle entries are lost.
We use Open-LDAP 2.1.30 on Debian 3.0 with bdb.
The machine was running the whole time fine and I added a lots of entries.
But after the powerloss there are only very old entries available, the biggest part seems to be lost.
Unfortunately I have no Backup of the database. But is it possible, that all entries are lost because of an incorrect shutdown?
If I try to add an entry now which existed before the crash, I get the message, that this entry still exists, but I can't see/find the entry in the directory with LDAP-Browser oder ldapsearch-command. Maybe only the indexes are destroyed?
I tried to use the db3_recover-command to recover the database but It wasn't successful.
Are there any possibilities I can try to rescue the data?
Thank you for your help.
Greetings,

Stefan

Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist
WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200