Re: two problems when migrating from 2.1.30 to 2.2.15

At 04:24 PM 9/5/2004, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>>At 02:26 PM 9/5/2004, vadim wrote:
>>>1) 2.2.15 does not accept value "---" of attribute telephoneNumber,
>>>(...)
>>
>> "---" is not a telephone number.  It is proper for a LDAP server
>> to disallow the addition of such garbage.
>
>Not as far as I can tell.  At least, it's valid according to the
>telephone number syntax in draft-ietf-ldapbis-syntaxes-08.txt.

Maybe the I-D is not as clear as it could be.

Values of this syntax represent telephone numbers using
the E.123 format encoded in a printable string.  The
printable string "---" simply doesn't represent a
telephone number.  (Maybe it represents "no telephone
number", but that's not a telephone number.)

Kurt