Re: Including whitespace in ldap searches

Buchan Milne wrote:
Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
At 10:39 AM 9/2/2004, Buchan Milne wrote:
Francis Swasey wrote:
Of course the last three DN's should be found. Spaces are not significant in the Name attribute matching rules.

Are there string matching rules where spaces are significant? Is so, what are they?

For octet strings, there are. But I am not aware of any for character-based string syntaxes such as Directory String.

Thanks for the answer. Maybe we will have to add a digit to all the 7 digit strings, or use a different filter.

We have some strings that we need to delimit; for this purpose we use the character '$': "Server $ Information Systems". We can then search for "Server $*".

HTH,
John
--
           John Borwick