From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of joemoyle
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 11:26 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: ./configure error

I'm attempting to install OpenLDAP 2.2.15 on a freshly built RedHat 9.0 box. I'm getting an error I see many other people have had as I scour the mailing list archive. What seems to have solved the problem for others is not working for me. I was able to install all of the prerequisite software without errors.

I'm using the following

RedHat v9
OpenSSL 0.9.7d
MIT Kerberos 5 1.3.4
Cyrus/SASL 2.1.19
BDB 4.2.52
OpenLDAP 2.2.15

I see the following when my ./configure fails.

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-42)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

I have looked in the config.log as suggested by Howard Chu a post July 30th of this year. I don't currently have the skills or knowledge to make anything useful out of what I gathered there. I also tried running ./configure again as suggested by Quanah Gibson-Mount in a post also on the 30th of this year. It did not work for me.

I had previously executed the the following from the bash prompt and echo the results to verify that the environment variables were actually set

export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib"

As an attempt to make certain that it wasn't the BDB install gone wrong I did the following to my BDB install and tried again.

make realclean
../dist/configure
make

So, I think I have all of the prerequisites installed correctly and the environment variables set correctly but I still get the configure error. Any help, guidance, or insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to continue scouring further back in time in the mail list archives too.