RE: Openldap scalability problems

--On Tuesday, August 31, 2004 4:00 PM -0500 "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Daniel@mayo.edu> wrote:

 p.s. - when it fails, the exception I get is:
javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit
Exceeded];

Normally, I would expect to see this if the search took longer than the
value that I set in the SearchControls object.  However, I am setting the
timelimit to 0 on my searches, so I should never see this.  OpenLDAP must
be triggering this error when I hit the idletimeout value?

Hm, have you tried setting the limits command for that particular dn?:

# Let ldapadmin have limitless searches
limits group="cn=ldapadmin,cn=applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" time.soft=-1 time.hard=-1 size.soft=-1 size.hard=-1

is one I use for my ldap administration group, for example.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer