Re: Openldap scalability problems

Armbrust, Daniel C. wrote:

p.s. - when it fails, the exception I get is:  javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded];

Normally, I would expect to see this if the search took longer than the value that I set in the SearchControls object. However, I am setting the timelimit to 0 on my searches, so I should never see this. OpenLDAP must be triggering this error when I hit the idletimeout value?

The idletimout only applies to idle connections. A connection with a running operation is (by definition) not idle. Some other parameter must be involved.

--
 -- Howard Chu