Re: Multiple passwords. Configurable bind attribute. Etc..

> "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> writes:
>
>> At present, slapd(8) itself will only use userPassword to
>> verify the directory user's password.
>
> Would it be possible, using slapo-rwm, to rewrite userPassword to
> another attribute in the database, or have I misunderstood what
> slapo-rwm can do?

rwm allows you to rewrite any attributeType; however, this would have no
effect on bind operations.  Bind operations are transparent to rwm except
for the bind DN.  You could map another attribute to userPassword just for
searches and writes.

> Is there a way to translate an attribute name on a master slapd to
> another attribute name on a replica? Or can it perhaps be done using
> LDAP Sync replication?

You may insert a back-ldap or a back-relay in between the master
and the slave, and use rwm to remap attributes.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it