Re: ldif import problems

the file was created with Migrate scripts and I only
edited in vi. I did pipe it through dos2unix, but got
the same error after that.

ldap_add: Constraint violation (19)
        additional info: mailRoutingAddress: multiple values provided

and without mailRoutingAdress and mailHost I got

ldap_add: Type or value exists (20)
        additional info: objectClass: value #0 provided more than once

is there anything else I can try ?

Dieter Kluenter wrote:
synrat <synrat@wirewalk.org> writes:

I can't populate the directory from ldif files created by migrate
scripts. I keep getting this error message:

adding new entry "uid=user,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com" ldap_add: Constraint violation (19) additional info: mailRoutingAddress: multiple values provided

dn: uid=user,ou=people,dc=domain,dc=com uid: user cn: user sn: lastname givenName: user mail: user@domain.com mailRoutingAddress: user@mail.domain.com mailHost: mail.domain.com objectClass: person objectClass: organizationalPerson objectClass: inetOrgPerson objectClass: account objectClass: posixAccount objectClass: top userPassword: {crypt}lalalala uidNumber: 1000 gidNumber: 1000 homeDirectory: /home/user loginShell: /usr/local/bin/bash gecos: user

Put the ldif file into a decent editor and check that every line
begins at column 1 and that there is no space after the last
character.

-Dieter