Re: syncrepl - cannot modify consumer

Logan Romanov wrote:

i still have no solution for this problem. I cannot
modify my consumer openldap server, when it is
connected to provider using syncrepl.

below is my configuration.

Server 2 (consumer)

database bdb suffix "dc=creepy,dc=net" rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=creepy,dc=net" rootpw secret directory /usr/local/var/openldap-data syncrepl rid=100 provider=ldap://192.168.1.129:389 type=refreshOnly interval=00:00:00:30 searchbase="ou=racoon_city,dc=creepy,dc=net" scope=sub schemachecking=off updatedn="cn=manager,dc=creepy,dc=net" bindmethod=simple binddn="cn=manager,dc=creepy,dc=net" credentials=secret ********************************

i ithink i have follow all steps in admin guide. or
maybe not. please if somebody could help me?

thanks a lot

logan

--- Logan Romanov <loganromanov@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

Dear all experts,

i need help with syncrepl in openldap.

i did replication using syncrepl successfully, but
only one way replication.

Any changes in provider, always replicated to
consumer. But in consumer, i cannot even modify the
value inside it. in debug always said like this:

no update referral.

The reason it always tells you that is because you need an updateref in your consumer's slapd.conf. Maybe the error message should read "LOOK, YOU NEED TO CONFIGURE THE UPDATEREF"

comparing with slurpd, slurpd could at least gave a
referal to do the changes in slave.

That only works when you have the updateref configured.

--
 -- Howard Chu