RE: Centralized LDAP Authentication or Kerberos+LDAP Authentication

No, there's a problem there. Five seconds is _way_ too short. Consider that
the Berkeley DB has to flush all of the unwritten transactions to disk, and
that can take a while. The shutdown scripts we ship all give slapd 30
seconds to complete its shutdown and we recommend 60 seconds or more for
busy/large databases.

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP distributions