Re: Also, Re: What is err=52?

Daniel Henninger <daniel@unity.ncsu.edu> writes:

>>> That's what I'm using the uri for, (it's within the backend ldap defintion
>>> section).  I start the daemon with:
>>> slapd -h 'ldap:/// ldaps:/// ldapi:///'

[...]
> ?  What about the path?  I apparantly don't need it, it works
> perfectly fine without.  Running slapd with ldapi:/// creates the pipe
> at /local/ldap/var/run/ldapi
>
> Then if I use ldapi:/// from any command line command, it works
> fine. Obviously it's finding it on it's own.  (in fact I can truss it
> and see it find the proper path)  So what I'm getting at is, setting
> the path didn't change a thing.  (and in fact, I did try it)

Frankly, I don't know your setup, but I am running back-ldap as
well, proxying and caching a particular tree, but I must admit, I am
running 2 different slapd versions on the same host. The master is
only started with '-h ldapi:///' while the slave is being started with '-h
"ldap:// ldaps"'. The relvant parts of slapd.conf

,----[ slapd.conf ]
| database ldap
| lastmod  off
| rewriteEngine on
| suffix dc=orange,dc=de
| suffixmassage "dc=orange,dc=de" "o=avci,c=de"
| uri ldapi://%2Fusr%2Flocal%2Fvar%2Frun%2Fldapi
| overlay proxycache
| proxycache hdb 50000 2 100 3600
`----

If I don't specify a path to the socket, the master is not found and I
get the same error as you.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung