Re: Benchmark/query scripts - FAO Quanah Gibson-Mount

--On Thursday, August 19, 2004 9:18 PM +0100 Gavin Henry <ghenry@suretecsystems.com> wrote:

Dear Quanah,

I was reading your directory service page and I was wondering if you
would  post yours scripts that you used to check the number of responses
per second  your server could handle?

Saves me the time of writing my own ;-)

Gavin,

The scripts I have are not benchmarking scripts in the light that people generally tend to look for as benchmarking utilities. They are a pair scripts designed to see how OpenLDAP behaves under a very particular environment -- SASL/GSSAPI queries where the operation is BIND, SEARCH using an exact eq filter returning 1 attribute, and UNBIND. They in no way try to determine the maximal response rate of the server. I use them because they emulate the manner in which our mail routers function when querying OpenLDAP. What it gives me is a consistent set of data I can compare against over time, against which I can draw conclusions about how the way the server performs when changes are made.

The only actually benchmarking software for directories that I'm aware of is Mindcraft's DirectoryMark, which is free to use.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer