Re: LDAP + Kerberos not allowing simple binds

"Howard Chu" <hyc@symas.com> wrote in message
412444DF.40108@symas.com">news:412444DF.40108@symas.com...
> Robert wrote:
>
> All of this is basic Unix system administration, and not relevant to
> OpenLDAP Software. The Kerberos/SASL topics don't belong on this list
> either, there are Kerberos and SASL mailing lists for those. But before
> you spend any time on those topics, I suggest you learn more about how
> to operate a Unix system.

Well, the fqdn stuff was the answer to all of this mess.  I have fixed the
system so that the hostname is indeed the fully qualified version as opposed
to the simple version.  Now the slow saslauthd is no more.

I guess you live and learn each day.

Thanks,
Robert.