Re: Deferring Operation

--On Monday, August 16, 2004 5:34 PM -0500 "Batchelor, Scott M" <sbatchel@indiana.edu> wrote:

I am going to post this question again, although I doubt anyone actually
has an answer to this as this question seems to go unanswered infinitely.

Can someone please explain what the message "Deferring Operation" means
within the context of LDAP.

I am running openldap 2.1.23 with BerkeleyDB 4.1

I know that a lot of individuals have ran into this but I see no
resolution, or even an explanation of the problem from my extensive
searching.

I believe it means that the server didn't have the resources to answer the request when it came in, and deferred handling it until it did (no loss of connection).

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html