Re: ldapsearch of Active Directory

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Monday, August 16, 2004 2:38 PM -0500 James Garrison <jhg@athensgroup.com> wrote:

Well, I guess I wasn't stumped after all.   I traced the bind with
Ethereal and found that openldap is ignoring the BINDDN and BINDPW
entries in ldap.conf.  When I provided them on the command line
everything works.

Sorry, I should have tried that before posting.

You might consider setting up a .ldaprc. Perhaps the ldap.conf is not in the default location for your system.

Perhaps, as was already discussed on this mailing list only a few weeks ago, BINDPW is not a valid OpenLDAP ldap.conf keyword.

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200407/msg00652.html

--
 -- Howard Chu