From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@stanford.edu]
Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2004 8:54 AM
To: James Courtney
Cc: Openldap list
Subject: RE: Slurpd and cpu usage

--On Sunday, August 15, 2004 4:45 AM -0400 James Courtney
<Jcourtney@inphonic.com> wrote:

> Good point, embrace the -d option...
>
> BTW, can slurpd be set up to log to syslog or not?
>

> After initialization I get the following repeating over and over again

> at a high rate.
>
> new work in
> /apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog
> copy replog
> "/apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog" to
> "/apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog"
>
> Why is it copying the file to itself?!

Hm, I would guess that the log file for slapd to write to, and the log
file
for slurpd to write to, are the same, so they are competing with each
other... The slapd output file needs to be separate from the slurpd
output
file.

You might try changing the location of where you put the replog with the

replog command and see if that fixes it.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer