RE: Master replication server reliability

tor, 12.08.2004 kl. 20.11 skrev James Courtney:

> 	Thanks for the help.  We're using HP ProLiant DL380s with 2x2.4 Ghz
> P4 Xeon, 2 GB RAM, 2x36GBx10K SCSI RAID 1 using HP HW RAID card (thus
> one logical drive that the OS breaks up into n logical mount points).
> I'd think this would be sufficient for what we do.  I'm in the process
> of building db 4.1.52 with the patches and I'm rebuilding 2.1.25 to
> run against that for comparison.  I'm also building OpenLDAP 2.2.15 as
> suggested by you and Quanah with the hopes of testing that today.
> Please let me know if anything about my HW setup concerns anyone.  I
> realize that one logical drive (2 disk RAID 1) doesn't allow for
> putting the DB logs on another spindle but we do so few writes I can't
> see this being problematic and our caching for both OpenLDAP and DB
> permits a 100% cache hit rate according to db_stat so our disk
> dependance should be minimal.  My DB_CONFIG contains only the
> following:
>
> #Set cachesize to 32MB
> set_cachesize 0 33554432 0

The hardware's fine :) I was worried about RAM and disk config, but
you're ok there. I have 50MB cache for a DIT of 1100+ users, 2GB RAM -
but the system's also running the MTA, IMAP, MySQL with a 12GB MySQL
database, growing fast. 2GB is more than enough at the moment.

--Tonni

--
My resume - CV - says that I speak a few languages fluently. I
have academic qualifications in all of them. It doesn't mention

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl