RE: SLAPD denial of connections under load

I would agree but I've been very careful about making sure that my
indicies are appropriate and comprehensive for the set of queries I'm
running.  Nearly all queries to the system are of the form:

(&(mail=someuser@mydomain.com)(accountStatus=active))

Both mail and accountStatus are indexed.

In fact, here are my indexes:

index accountStatus         eq
index associatedDomain      eq
index cn                    eq,pres,subinitial
index mail                  eq,pres
index mailAlternateAddress  eq,pres
index objectclass           eq

I just loaded a days worth of slapd logs into SQL server yesterday
evening and I'm hoping to mine that for searches/sec throughout the day
and the time required for searches throughout the day.  Hopefully binds
too.  Is there anything else I should check for?

Thanks!

Jamey