Re: ldapsearch failed to authenticate password

Daniel Lim a écrit :

Hi Alexandre,
The debug output was from slapd -d 5

When I used sladp -d 256 I got the following messages;
conn=2 fd=7 ACCEPT from IP=192.168.125.25:49026 (IP=::
389)
conn=2 op=0 BIND
dn="cn=limd2,ou=contacts,dc=dpws,dc=nsw.gov.au"
method=128
conn=2 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=49 text=
conn=2 fd=7 closed

I have used ldapbrowser20_w95 but it also failed to
authenticate with Invalid credentials??

Thanks,
Daniel

Here all is  right, it really seems that you have invalid credentials !
Are you sure you this entry exists in the directory, are you sure you
have the real password ?
Can you bind as manager of the directory and verify it ? (the manager
account with its password is defined in your slapd.conf file).