Re: ldap backend + ldapi (fwd)

Daniel Henninger wrote:

777 which is not default on many systems.

Sorry my mistake, it has to be world writeable, but the mod is
identical 777.

Well, the odd thing about this is, it "was" working, and then, at one
point, stopped working.  =)  I never touched the permissions, but you are
correct, it's not set world writable.  I wonder why it worked before?
(it's almost like it had a 'slow leak' somewhere, because it took about a
day before the ldapi connection stopped behaving)

As it turns out, ldap://localhost/ is also failing. It never happens immediately, but "at some point", the ldap backend stops bothering to do anything it seems. Anyone have any suggestions? Basically the whole purposes of this is to make o=NCSU,c=US continue to work while our new base dn is dc=ncsu,dc=edu. Ideally I'd like to be able to have both work "forever". Any suggestions? I'm out of ideas as to how to get the ldap backend to be stable. =/ I can not make sense of when it elects to die. It doesn't seem to be easily reproducable.

If the remote server went off at some point, back-ldap used to suffer from the problem that it doesn't recognize it came up again. This was fixed, I think, in 2.2.15. please check if this is the case, and upgrade (I suggets upgrading anyhow).

Ciao, p.