SASL Problems

I keep getting the follow error every time I try any ldap routines:

ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such object (32)

If I try -x, I cannot do updates.  My sasl installation has pam, shadow,
and ldap.

*** slapd.conf ***
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=progbits,dc=com"
rootdn          "uid=root,ou=Members,dc=progbits,dc=com"
# Cleartext passwords, especially for the rootdn, should
# be avoid.  See slappasswd(8) and slapd.conf(5) for details.
# Use of strong authentication encouraged.
rootpw          {MD5}1zilQHNzGfFyKAbAaPTjlA==
# The database directory MUST exist prior to running slapd AND
# should only be accessible by the slapd and slap tools.
# Mode 700 recommended.
directory       /var/lib/openldap-data
# Indices to maintain
index   objectClass     eq

There is some more, but that is the data stuff.  The other is schema
import and such.

Is there something I am supposed to put in sasl folder for ldap?

Thanks
--
Scott Carr
OpenOffice.org