Re: replica log management

James Courtney wrote:
Has anyone addressed replica log management for the replica logs generated by
> slurpd. I just set up replication but I'm concerned about the eventual growth
> of these logs and would like a way to rotate and compress them if possible.
> Does anyone have a good tried and true approach without bringing down
> slapd/slurpd?

Do you mean "slurpd" or "slapd"? In my limited experience, "slurpd" processes the logs. It may have a growing ".rej" replog sitting around somewhere, but "slurpd" doesn't keep logs around.

The logs that "slapd" writes are opened, appended to, and closed with each modification, as far as I can tell. If you move the file, slapd will create a new replog file.

HTH,
John
--
           John Borwick