Re: ldapsearch failed to authenticate password

Daniel Lim a écrit :

Hi there,
I have successfully installed openldap-2.2.14 on SuSe
SLES 8.1 Linux to work with mysql-3.23.52-27. I can use ldapsearch from another Linux box to
retrieve successfully a user details from the OpenLDAP
host with backend MySql using the following options;
# ldapsearch -x -h <ldapserver> -b
"cn=user1,ou=contacts,dc=example,dc=com"

But when I use the option -W to prompt for simple
password authentication it fails;
$ ldapsearch -x -h rajah -W -b
'cn=user1,ou=contacts,dc=example,dc=com'
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

The user have to be specified with -D option, -b specify the base of the
search
so if you use -W there shall be a -D