memberNisNetgroup limit

Hi folk,

I am running into an apparant limitation of the memberNisNetgroup schema (or something else, I have no idea yet) that I was not aware of. Basically, if I try to give a user 9 netgroups, I get:
ldap_modify: Critical extension is unavailable (12)
additional info: entry update failed

If I try to give the same user 8 netgroups, it works perfectly. Any idea where the limitation lies? I don't know if memberNisNetgroup has an 8 limit, or there's a max size per record in LDAP, or ... ? Any suggestions? =( This has just shown it's head not 3 days before I was aiming to make this all live.

Currently I am doing netgroups like:
membernisnetgroup: cn=engr_fall,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=engr_spring,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=engrstaff,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=fall,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=grad_fall,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=grad_spring,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=ncsu,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=ncsu_staff,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu
membernisnetgroup: cn=spring,ou=groups,dc=ncsu,dc=edu

Should I not be doing it that way? If I have to, I can probably punt and do it a different way, but I hadn't come across anything that actually told me that this would be an issue. Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /