Re: SyncREPL Testing

> > Ok, it appears I have SyncREPL working.  Wonderful!
> > But it has raised a couple questions...
> > 1.) What does the "rid" actually mean?  Is this value some kind of
> 'magic'?  A
> > value of 50 works,  what makes this value special?
> No. there's nothing special with the number.
> The original problem was due to the mismatch between the rid specified in
> the slapd.conf and the rid stored when consumer.ldif was added.

Ok, thanks very much for the clarification.

> > 2.) If I have multiple consumers should the rids all be the same or
> unique, or
> > does it matter?  I've read the SyncRepl section of the Admin guide but it
> > doesn't really explain what the RID means.  Do I need to go read the
> syncrepl draft?
> The meaning of rid is local to the consumer server. It distinguishes between
> more than one replications in the consumer server.

Excellent.

>  The consumer will
> retrieve the required information from the subetnry whose RDN is suffixed by
> the rid given by the syncrepl specification in slapd.conf.

The cause for my question was that I seem to be able to get a total of 1
syncrepl consumer to work;  with 2 or more replication seems to stop,
although they do sync-up when started.  Killing slapd and restarting
consistently causes a resync, but then no further sync occurs.  If I
just start ONE consumer than it seems to work.

Example......

Two consumers (localhost & throw) and master (littleboy), one consumer
out of sync....

[root@turnstone root]# ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate; ldapsearch -LLL -x -h throw uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate;ldapsearch -LLL -x -h littleboy  uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate
dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 75

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

Two consumers (localhost & throw) and master (littleboy), after throw is
restarted it comes into sync.....

[root@turnstone root]# ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate; ldapsearch -LLL -x -h throw uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate;ldapsearch -LLL -x -h littleboy  uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate
dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

Two consumers (localhost & throw) and master (littleboy), change made on
master is not seen by consumers....

[root@turnstone root]# ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate; ldapsearch -LLL -x -h throw uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate;ldapsearch -LLL -x -h littleboy  uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate
dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 50

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

Two consumers (localhost & throw) and master (littleboy), both consumer
slapds restarted, they come into sync......

[root@turnstone root]# ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate; ldapsearch -LLL -x -h throw uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate;ldapsearch -LLL -x -h littleboy  uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate
dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

Two consumers (localhost & throw) and master (littleboy), change made on
master, both consumer out of sync......

[root@turnstone root]# ldapsearch -x -LLL -h localhost uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate; ldapsearch -LLL -x -h throw uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate;ldapsearch -LLL -x -h littleboy  uid=adam
morrisoninternalrate
dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 60

dn: cn=Adam Williams,ou=People,o=Morrison Industries,c=US
morrisoninternalrate: 42