slurpd setup - No Replication, but it's all in place...

I must be so close...

slurpd replication is not working, but when I issue the command:
ldapsearch -h 10.0.1.5 -W -D
"uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu" uid=*
I am successfully shown uid records

On the master: /var/lib/openldap-data/slapd.replog &
/var/lib/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog contain no data.

# Master slapd.conf:
replica uri=ldap://10.0.1.5:389
        binddn="uid=Replicator,ou=People,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu"
        bindmethod=simple credentials=*****
replogfile /var/lib/openldap-data/slapd.replog

# Recipient slapd.conf:
updatedn "cn=Manager,dc=cougarnet,dc=bible,dc=edu"
        bindmethod=simple credentials=*****
updateref uri=ldap://10.0.1.5:389

The master has slurpd and slapd running.
The recipient has slapd running.

Is there an obvious problem? I've checked the passwords to make sure
they are right. I'm looking at the log on the recipient and can't find a
cooresponding "MOD" entry in the logs.

Any idea why this isn't following through? Does the order that I bring
the various services up matter?

Thanks,
JSR/